Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Merry Christmas Canvas

Hello and happy Hump day! Today I am sharing with you my very first post for Unique Laser Designs
I am honored to have been asked to join the team and share some of my creations with you all using these pretty cool wood embellishments.

For my first post I have a fun 8"x 8" canvas I made using the amazing "
Merry Christmas", "Snowflakes"and the "Reindeer". 















I started out tearing my Vintage music sheets up and decoupaging them unto the frame of the canvas. After that was all dried up I toned everything down with some white Gesso. 
Since I used the blue Designer paper on the very back of the canvas I wanted to bring some blue in and I used the Folk Art Ice Blue and dabbed it over the Gesso.  
After the paint was dry I added the Poinsettias, leaves and silver picks on the opposite corners for more interest. The word "Merry Christmas" was dry brushed with Gesso and then I added some silver German Glass glitter.








The Reindeer was painted with white Gesso and all glittered up with Crystal glitter and adhered to the right bottom corner. He look a tad bit plain, so I made a wreath out of tinsel trim and added a jingle bell. 
On the bottom ledge there I adhered three bottle brush trees and added the Buffalo snow. To add some more snowflakes besides the ones that are on the Designer paper, I added some glitter to the snowflakes and glued them randomly to the background and voila the Christmas canvas was done!






What do you think of my canvas?

Recipe:

Paper: K&Company Brenda Walton Christmas stack, Vintage music sheets

ULD wood embellishments:  Merry Christmas, Reindeer Snowflakes

Paints: Folk Art #2588 Ice Blue, white Gesso

Accessories: silver flower picks, Petaloo Poinsettias in white, white leaves, German Glass glitter in silver, Crystal glitter, Buffalo Snow, Tinsel trim, silver jingle bell, Bottle brush trees








 I hope that I was able to inspire you and showed you a way to think outside the box in  using these wonderful wood elements.

Well, this is it for me for today, thanks so much for allowing to share my creation with you all. I am looking forward to sharing more of my creations with you all using Unique Laser Designs wood elements!

For all of the amazing items available at Unique Laser Designs, make sure that you check out the 
store!

Have a crafty day!


Hugs,


5 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Congrats on joining the team, love all the silver against the blue background, lovely!

Unknown said...

Oh...I am so Inspired....hope I can find the things I want to use and get it done before Christmas.....It is So Sweet...Thank You for Sharing

Unknown said...

The canvas looks gorgeous Sabrina!!!

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

Wauw, this is gorgous.


hugs
Claudia

Tfriday said...

Incredible canvas, my friend. Simply gorgeous. I love it. I'm blown away with your work every time. Big hugs!!