Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Seeing Light with your Heart


Hello stamping friends. Sorry I have been missing, I have had some more health issues. Today I am coming to you with a card I have created using Our Daily Bread Designs brand new Decorative Corners dies from the September release. If you have not checked them out, I encourage you to do so as they are super versatile. For my card I have chosen the smaller one of the two that you will receive in the set and this is what I have come up with

Faith is seeing the Light with your Heart!




Recipe:

Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Vintage Cream, Recollections light  blue, DP Prima Delight

Stamps: ODBD Quote Collection 3 (March2013 release)

Inks: Steel Blue

Accessories: ODBD Custom Dies Decorative Corners, Spellbinders Labels 22, Decorative Labels 22, May Arts pink sheer ribbon, My Arts cotton crochet lace, Recollections half pearls and rhinestones, assortment of paper flowers, heart embellishment

Size: 5.5" x 5.5"






So for my card I cut the smaller of Decorative Corners dies four times out of  Vintage Cream. Even though my card is 5.5" x 5.5" I did cut the very end of the die cut pieces off to make it more rounded. I then die cut the Decorative Labels 22 out of the light blue card stock, the Labels 22 out of Rustic Cream on which I stamped the quote from the Quote Collection 3 in steel blue. After applying all of my base layers I simply adhered the Decorative Corners pieces with wet glue, having the pointy corner face toward the middle, added the sheer ribbon and lace and then added the light blue layer and sentiment layer and finished it off with a bow, some flowers and pearls and rhinestones.

I hope I was able to inspire you today with my somewhat out of the box design, that corner dies don't always have to be used on corners.

Thanks so very much for stopping by today!

Hugs and blessings,



2 comments:

azpapercrafter said...

I love your card!! thanks for sharing your wonderful projects!!
Hugs and a big ole miss you.. have a wonderful day!!

em

Conniecrafter said...

How creative of you to use the corners in this way, they make such a great frame, the vintage paper looks great with it and your flower arranging as always just lovely, very cool textured heart to top it all off!
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling so well, hope you are on the mend now!