Saturday, September 17, 2011

Can you smell Fall in the air?

Hello and happy Saturday stamping friends!  Today I have a Fall themed card for you all that I have made for this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD. Can you believe that this is the 77th challenge? Chris, is challenging us this week to use a Fall theme or Fall colors on our creations and I did both :D

For the Fall theme and colors I used this amazing pumpkin stamp and pumpkin custom die by ODBD. I tell you, using this awesome die, it made it easy as pie (kind of rhymes,hehe) to cut the image. I also got to use some awesome new Spellbinders dies I just got last week....so fun.

Have a look at my creation

You are handpicked by God




and a shot from the opposite side




Recipe:

Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate, textured cream cs from my stash, Me&MyBigIdeas specialty paper (Fall)

Stamps: ODBD Pumpkin, Garden Tag Set (for the sentiment)

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Vintage Photo

Accessories: Spellbinders Picot Edge Circles, Labels 23, Twisted Metal Tags & Accents, ODBD custom die Pumpkin, Making Memories lace, Crystal Bling, cross charm, MayArts Natural Twine

What do you think, does this card say Fall?

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, September 23 at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.



While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, September 23 at 8 a.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC77. When creating your posts on blogs please include a direct link to the challenge.

Now if you want to see some amazing inspiration make sure you'll head on over to see what

Chris

Fran

Lori

Pat

and Silke

have come up with.

To read all about this challenge and what else is going on over at ODBD make sure you'll check out the ODBD Blog

Also, something special is going on at ODBD and if you have not signed up for the e-mail newsletter, you might want to do that, you  can SAVE big if you do.;D;D More details on this right here at this post, but you'll have to hurry up and do that by the end of TODAY!!!

All right, this is it for me for today! Thanks for making my humble Blog a stop today and making my day a little brighter!

I treasure each and every one of my visitors and I read ALL comments!

Please, feel free to contact me at any time if you have questions. My e-mail address can be found right here on the sidebar under the "Not so fun stuff" section.

Have a blessed and super creative weekend!

Hugs,





15 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful!! I just love your colors, especially that lace GF!! Stunning coloring of the pumpkin! That dp is absolutely perfect!! Love it! Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Saints Rule! said...

Sabrina you are so rocking this paper and stamp set... I love how you used the SB like a harvest moon... Over the top cool, GF... The lace and DP are so yummy. And your coloring on that pumpkin... WOWZERS!!! Thanks so much for the flowers too! I just might put some on my Saint Bernards... (Hubs says I'm getting "flower happy"... HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Sabrina!!! Love the mellow orange lace. The pumpkin looks amazing, great job with it.

Crystal said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Sabrina, I SOOO LOVE that pumpkin and that gorgeous lace!!! Beautiful fall creation sweetie! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Silke Ledlow said...

Sabrina, your *fall* card is so beautiful...love the pumpkin :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Jan Marie said...

So very beautiful. . .love the whole thing. . the theme. . .the sentiment, the lace. . wait ALL OF IT! Just gorgeous, Sabrina! Blessings!

Basslady said...

hallo meine süße!

ich finde es einfach genial, wie du die stanzformen miteinander kombiniert hast!

alleine schon das dp ist der hammer!

der kürbis-stempel steht für nächsten herbst auf meiner wunschliste...nach dieser tollen karte umso mehr...*lach*

sei herzlichst geknuddelt und gedrückt
aus deutschland,
deine silvi

velta said...

Sabrina ~ I don't know where to begin...This is a positively FAVORITE of mine...I absolutely love, love, love this card...all of it...the image, the colors, the embellishments...What an inspiration you are to me...That Making Memories Lace tops it all off...just stunning and, yes, I can smell Fall coming!!! Thanks for sharing my friend!

Anonymous said...

So, so beautiful - just beyond words. WOW.

Mary Mac

Chelsea said...

Oh My goodness Sabrina, I love everything about this card. Simple, Elegant and full of meaning.

Hugs and Love.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is just gorgeous, that die would sure come in handy not having to cut out all those trendals on the pumpkin....love your other dies too and the layering on the sentiment die, such pretty lace!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful fall creation, Sabrina! Love that pumpkin! I think I might have to purchase this!

Becky said...

What a beautiful card and beautiful sentiment.

Marlena M. said...

Sabrina, this is so pretty! I love that pumpkin. ;)

Tameko said...

Such a beautiful fall inspired card.