Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Wednesday......

my stamping friends!!  I have a card to share with you all that I've made using two of Our Daily Bread Designs July releases.  For this one, I kind of went outside the box a little and stamped on fabric, Crinoline to be exact and it turned out wonderful.

Why don't you sit back for a minute and check it out and let me know what you think.

Thankful





Recipe:

Paper:  PTI Dark Chocolate, White, Prima Melody

Stamps: ODBD Large Scrapbook Words, Sweet William small

Ink: PTi Perfect Match Vintage Cream, Memento Rose Bud (flower)

Accessories: Wilton Doily, Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two, Blossom Three, Zva Creative pearl flourish, Glimmer Mist in Pink Taffy, Sizzix Embossing Folder Damask, . Recollections half pearls, rhinestone brad

I have to tell you, I loved the way the Memento Ink just so beautifully stamped the Sweet William unto the Crinoline. To achieve the bleeding on the edges of the petals I spritzed the Glimmer Mist in Pink Taffy unto a piece of acetate and just dipped the edges of the flower into it and dried it with my heat gun making sure that I did not overheat the fabric (we all know what happens when you do that ;D;D).   To give the flower a little more life I simply snipped in where the petals meet and viola, this fun Sweet William cam to life.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and visiting.

I hope all of you are enjoying a blessed day!

Hugs,


12 comments:

Unknown said...

You make the most fantastic flowers, Sabrina!!! This is gorgeous, I love that it's in pink too. Who would have thought to dip the edges? Well, probably a lot of people, but not me, hee hee. The large sentiment looks great on a card, even though it is for scrapbooking primarily. Blessings on you my friend

Jan Marie said...

Gorgeous! Great idea and brilliant execution! Love the flower and the whole card!

Grace said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sabrina! LOVE how you made this flower!!!! All your little Sabrina touches just make me smile in spite of being sick. Have a great week!
hugs,
grace

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love the embossed background and the flower is just gorgeous!!

Becky said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sabrina..I love how you did that flower.

velta said...

Goodness, I started writing all this stuff here, and then it was gone...dunno...anyhoo this is another stunner my friend. That flower took the breath out of me when I saw it...you creative little genius you! TFS such a gorgeous creation...and thanks for the tip on the Wilton Doilys...what was I thinking when I wondered, "where is everyone getting these perfect doilys"...lol...have a great weekend girl!

Newbie said...

Beautiful card, and STUNNING flower!! Love how you explained how you made it! Exquisite!! Looks like you could either pick it or go up and smell the fragrance!! A definite WOW!!

Dawn Burnworth said...

Wow what a beautiful card Sabrina. I love the pearls and that die.. It is so pretty. Great flowers. Wish my garden flowers looked this good.. Super job.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a beauty of a bloom.....so very elegant...which is your signature style

Lorrayne Ingram said...

i love the Corinth passage which is the book of my summer study.

Anonymous said...

Oh so lovely.
mary l.

Cards By Jan said...

This is AWESOME Sabrina!! wow, I just love your colours..everything worked so perfectly... hugs