Saturday, May 28, 2011

What an honor!!

Hello and happy Saturday my sweet stamping friends!! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend so far and are ready for this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! This week the challenge is:


a sketch and it is inspired by a card by  yours truly :D:D:D:D


Here is the sketch





Here is my featured card:






To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, June 2. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.


While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by June at 8 p.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC62. When creating your posts on blogs please include a direct link to the challenge.


All right, are you ready to see the card I created that was inspired by my own card? :D:D:D



Recipe:

Paper: PTI Fine Linen, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden

Stamps: ODBD Scripture Collection 7

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories: Spellbinders Labels 17, Labels 18, Labels 20  , Fancy Tags Two, MayArts cotton crochet lace, Recollections Amber Rhinestone Flourishes, Wild Orchid Crafts roses, Sizzix embossing folder Damask

So, what do you think? I hope I was able to inspire you a little, if you need some more inspiration make sure you'll head on over to my Design Sisters

Chris

Fran

Pat

Silke

and Rosemary  (May/June Guest Designer)

these girls are so very talented and rocked this challenge!!

For all of the details and all of the other things that are going on over at Our Daily Bread Designs make sure you head on over to the ODBD Blog. We still have the Stamping in Time Challenge going on and you have until Tuesday to enter a Scrapbook page for the Let Your Light Shine Challenge....remember for all of these challenge you have a chance of winning a gift certificate ;D;D

Well, this is it for me for right now. Yesterday was the first day of summer break for my girls and we had a ball. It was also my babies 6th Birthday and we went out for lunch and had some fun!! I can't believe she is already six..where has time gone?

Anyhow, thanks for stopping by today and making my day a happy day!! Each and every comment I get means a lot to me. If you have any questions about any of my cards, please make sure you send me an e-mail and I'd be happy to answer them.

Have a blessed and super creative weekend!!

Hugs,

13 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Good morning Sunshine!! I am writing you from Virginia...I had so much fun doing a sketch of one of your creations. I just think the world of you girlfriend.

Your take on your layout is stunning!! I just love the pearl and flower accents you added to make the verse pop!! Gorgeous!!

Have a great weekend!! Talk to you when we get home!

hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

Awesome cards Sabrina, gorgeous details and colors - as always :).

Rosemary said...

both cards are absolutely stunning, sabrina! you are so very taleneted!! hugs!!

Crystal said...

Oh WOW how exciting Sabrina, I soooo can see why the dt is casing you gf, your creations are GORGEOUS!!!!! I LOVE LOVE your new card today sweetie!! Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!

Francie G. said...

So very beautiful, Sabrina! I really enjoyed working with your sketch. One that I will use again! Congrats on being featured! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! Hugs!

Basslady said...

hallo meine liebe!

nachdem du bei mir immer auf deutsch schreibst,
muss ich doch mal nachfragen, ob du deutsche bist, oder einfach so gut deutsch kannst?
ich freue mich immer sehr über deine lieben kommentare!

deine karte ist umwerfend gestaltet, ein echter hingucker...ist mir gleich aufgefallen auf der odbd-seite...
eine wunderbare umsetzung des sketches...
danke für deine inspiration!

ich drück und knuddel dich,
deine silvi xoxo

Mary said...

I love your card sketch Sabrina. The card that you made to go with it is absolutely gorgeous. It is a Sabrina card so why wouldn't it be. :)

I hope your six year old daughter had a very happy Birthday!Children grow up way too fast! Enjoy every moment you have with your little girls. Before you know it it will be prom time, college and or wedding time.

Hugs,
Mary

Karen W said...

Congrats and thank you for the wonderful sketch!!! Both cards are just gorgeous and I can't wait to play.

Conniecrafter said...

They are both beautiful, such great layering of your dies to frame it, wish I had that talent, can't ever seem to come up with a good way myself. Love the colored gems

Silke Ledlow said...

Sabrina, beide Karten sind traumhaft schoen! Ich liebe es wie du deine Karten beschmueckst...einfach perfekt! Happy Birthday and deine kleine Maus, hoffe sie hatte einen tollen Tag!?! Hugs ~S~

Marlena M. said...

Wow such beautiful cards! Thank you for an awesome sketch! ;)

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMGosh....I really hope I can find time to play...love both cards and the sketch that was developed from one of them.....elegance and drama, my friend

Charlene said...

Sabrina...how wonderful for you and so deserving...no one does elegance like you do! I'm still having trouble with blogger so commenting is a bit of a patience tester but I so wanted to congratulate you.