Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness......

is this really true? Hello friends, I am super duper excited today, as I will be sharing something very special with you all today!!! You all know about the "Time with" that is happening every
Tuesday over at Our Daily Bread Designs, right? Well, I am the guest, so today I will be sharing a special little project I have been working on ;D. Do you ever sit at your desk and you run out of something....may it be glue or you are on your last piece of a certain color card stock and you don't have anything around to write down what you need to reorder or go out and buy? To be honest this happens to me all the time, so I have decided to make myself a decorative "note board" so to speak. It all started with a $ 3.00 picture frame from Walmart that I had bought on clearance a while back that was sitting in the closet of my guest/stamp room, some awesome DWCV Mariposa Designer Paper, an assortment of paper flowers, ZVA Flourishes and off course Our Daily Bread Designs stamps and don't let me forget some amazing May Arts silk ribbon. I cut the 12x12 Designer Paper to fit my frame, making sure I took full advantage of those amazing butterflies on it. Since I wanted the "white board" frame to be easily identified as such I cut the word "Notes" with my Cricut Expression and the Storybook cartridge at 1 1/4" and distressed them with some Tim Holtz Distressing Ink in Old Paper. To adhere them to the Designer Paper I used a Quickie Glue pen. Now that the inside was done I concentrated on the outside of my frame and wow, did I go for it ;D!!! I have never ever done a real Scrapbook page, only cards, but I looked at this frame as a Scrapbook page to have my "notes" all dressed up. I added bunches of flowers in one corner and one of my handmade stick pins on the opposite side I stamped one of the sentiments of the Full of Grace stamp collection Peace unto some Rustic Cream card stock and to dress it up a little more I stamped one of the brand new Brocade Borders around it and since I also bought the matching Brocade Borders dies, which ODBD now carries, I cut it out within seconds. To make it stand out even more I've added another layer underneath in form of the Spellbinders Labels 1 which I added with some foam tape to give it more dimension. To make the Brocade flourishes stand out a little more I colored in some parts of the border with some Copics in colors to match the DP and color scheme already going. Some ZVA Creative pearl flourishes were also added. This all was easy so far, right, now the real deal began by adding more of the flowers. Since this is supposed to be a "usable" frame I did not overdo it. ;D To give the upper left corner of the frame some attention too, I added some of this totally amazing May Arts silk ribbon in Antique Gold, but it felt that it was not complete yet, so I got out the "Don't Worry" stamp set and stamped the butterfly from it twice unto the same rust colored card stock I cut the word "Notes" out of and colored it in with a Sakura Pen in a metallic blue and popped it up with some foam tape right next to N. Viola, a fancy and pretty decorative "Note/white board frame" was born! :D:D. I will be using a regular pen size whiteboard marker and since the glass of the frame is a slick surface the whiteboard marker comes right off when I need to add some more notes. Have a look and see if this would be something fun to have sitting on your table or desk.





Recipe:

Paper: DCWV Mariposa, PTI Ristic Cream, Ripe Avocado, rust colored card stock

Stamps: ODBD Peace, Brocade Borders, Don't Worry (only the butterfly)


Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Old Paper

Accessories: Frame from Walmart, Nesties Labels 1, Brocade Borders Dies, ZVA Creative Pearl Flourishes, Prima Hydrangeas and other assorted paper flowers, mini roses (not Prima) foam tape, 3D glue dots, Prima Flower Centers, handmade stickpin made out of MayaRoad Crystal Trinket Pin, antique brass spacer beads and Jesse James glass beads, Sakura Gel Pen


Here are a few close up views of all of the dimension going on




























And here is a view of the frame for you to see how well the whiteboard marker works on it ;D























Well, I hope you have enjoyed visiting with me! I truly had a blasting good time being part of ODBD's "Time with" today. Get out those old frames that you might have and fancy them up and make yourself a "Note Frame".


Take care and be blessed!!


Hugs,


12 comments:

Crystal said...

WOWWEEEE Sabrina I am speechless girl, this is sooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE LOVE this project, your colors, your details, everything looks amazing sweetie!!!! Have a wonderful day!

Ms. Jen said...

Ah! So beautiful sweetie. You can just send it right over here - LOL Lovin those colors. I've lost my mojo.........i'm off to look for it.

Grace said...

Thanks so much for this gorgeous project Sabrina! It's just so pretty and clever! I love knowing that the markers work on the glass and I love all the little details that went into this!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Sabrina this is the perfect thing to have next to your craft desk! You have done a fabulous job!!! It's so pretty! You are so cute writing on there too! We all want to order more ODBD stamps!!! LOL!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Sabrina...this is such a wonderful mix of practcality and your signature ELEGANCE....awesome project

Silke Ledlow said...

ABSOLUTLEY FANTASTIC SABRINA!!! I'm loving this is idea and what a fab design!!! You rock sister!!! Hugs ~S~

ChristineCreations said...

You did a fantastic job with this project Sabrina! So many wonderful details to make it such an inspiring piece!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You certainly are creative! What a special project.

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful project .. decorated so wonderfully. Love the autumn colours
Lisa ;)
Thanks you for your lovely comment re my white and bright card

Wendy said...

This is so beautiful....I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving such a kind comment. Thank you@!! You made my day!
I hope you day is full of blessings!

Lori said...

I left you a comment on ODBD, but wanted to tell you here how much I love, love, love this project!!! It is so amazingly beautiful. Very professional. I'm thinking I need to check out my box of picture frames now....

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow that has got to be the most Gorgeous Note board I have ever seen, Love all the flowers dimension and to top it off with a great verse, just terrific!