Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Hump Day....

my stamping friends!!! Hope your week is going great so far. Mine has been semi busy and I was able to squeeze in some "Therapy Time" ;D. My DH has been telling me that all I make are "lady cards" and that I NEED to make some for the men as well. So, to make him happy ;D I made some "man cards"!!


I have several, so this post might be a little longer than usual :D!!



Let's start with my first one



Psalm 88:9





Recipe:


Paper: SU Brilliant Blue, SU Bordering Blue, Basic Grey Lime Rickey


Stamps: ODBD God's Hands


Ink: ODBD Steel Blue (that's what I stamped the hand with and did the distressing ;D), VersaFine Onyx Black


Accessories: Nesties Labels 3, Recollections silver half pearls, silver eyelets from my stash



So, what do you think? Is this a cool man card?



I really try not to use too feminine DP's and embellishments for "masculine" cards, so I thought to keep it minimal would be best ;D.


All right on to # 2.....




My soul finds rest.....Psalm 62:1-2





Recipe:


Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate, Basic Grey Offbeat


Stamps: Scripture Collection 4, Cross from the set He is Risen



Ink: SU Close to Cocoa (for the cross) and Memento Rich Cocoa (for the scripture)



Accessories: Nesties Large Octagons, brown grosgrain ribbon, 3 Basic Grey buttons, natural hemp cord



I just love it when things come together so easy ;D.



Moving on to my last masculine card for today



You are the Light.....Matthew 5:14,16





Recipe:

Paper: SU Certainly Celery, PTI White, Basic Grey Nook & Pantry

Stamps: ODBD Light of the World

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, SU Certainly Celery

Accessories: Nesties Petite Ovals Large, white Twill ribbon (RAK from Patter...Thank You!!) white metal dots from Colorbok

That is it....what do you think? Those three cards are simple and easy to make. I just hope whomever my DH is giving them to, when the time comes, will like them as well.

This is it for me for right now, I'll have to run and get some things done before it is time to pick up my baby from Kindergarten.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I was able to inspire you a little and get those creative juices flowing in you to make some masculine cards. I found that mostly every Designer Paper pack I have has at least a couple of papers in it that work great for more masculine cards.

I am sure we all have them and when we flip through them we keep on thinking..."what am I going to do with this paper?" The answer is right here....make it into a masculine card and some of those brads and eyelets you have not used in a while...they might just work great for those man cards we all need every now and then!!!

Have a fabulous and creative day my friends!!

Hugs and blessings,



8 comments:

Crystal said...

Sabrina all three of these are FABULOUS!!!!! The colors and the verses are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! LOVE them sweetie!

Lori said...

Fabulous man cards, Sabrina! All 3 are just perfect, and they look like they came together pretty quickly.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are all gorgeous Sabrina!! I love the monochromatic color schemes and your choices of dp and designs! My fave is the green one!! Way to go girl!! Hope all is well.
hugs,
Chris

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Sabrina - these are fabulous - I love the way you have done each one of these masculine cards - great colours and images - you do everything well - I am sure your DH was happy with these!! Well done my friend! Thanks for sharing - it is always inspiring! {{{hugs}}}

Mary said...

Sabrina, your masculine cards are all wonderful. Any man would be very happy to recieve one of them.:) Thank you for your inspiration, Lord knows I can use it.

Mary

Kathy Jones said...

My goodness Sabrina - you've been on fire!!! I don't know how you crank them out so quick - it takes me forever!!! These are all wonderful!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! Sabrina, you've been busy! I love all of your masculine cards. Beautiful monochromatic and DPs too!

Becky said...

Your sure have been busy..I love all of these, gorgeous colors..