Saturday, July 10, 2010

Good morning....good morning

my stamping friends!!! Did you miss the Shining the Light Challenge? I sure did, but we did not want to overwhelm you with a new release and the challenge, so, we decided to take a one week break and we are now back and all excited that we can share another wonderful challenge with you all!!!!



Are you ready to hear what this weeks theme will be? All right, all right, I will tell you.........it's a SKETCH challenge, yeah!!!! The response to our last sketch challenge was so amazing that our Challenge Team coordinator Chris decided to do a sketch. Check this out










How do you like it?





To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize , a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, July 15. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.



While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by July 15 at 8 p.m. EST.If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC20. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.



Another important announcement, we have a new Challenge Team member, Chris Dickinson. WELCOME, Chrissy ;D!!



Now on to my humble creation for this week.



Grace and Peace


Recipe:

Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, Lemon Tart, Basic Grey Origins

Stamps: ODBD Scripture Series 1 and Confirmation (Dove)

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tea Dye, Antique Linen

Accessories: Wilton paper doily, Nesties Classic Circle Large, gold tone cross, hand dyed Dew Drops, hand dyed seam binding , brown grosgrain ribbon, foam tape

So, what do you think about my version of the sketch? Was I able to inspire you? If you need a little more inspiration head on over to my Team Sisters.....I tell ya, these girls blow my mind every week...check it out

Chris

Christine (she will be staying just a couple weeks longer ;D)

Chrissy

Fran

Patter


I hope you check all of these ever so talented girls out...you will love each and every creation ;D.

For those of you that are new to the Shining the Light Challenge, you can find all of the details out on the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog.

Well, this is it for me for today. I thank each and every one of you for stopping by and leaving some love ;D. It truly is my pick me up when I am down or just have a frustrating day. Thank you for coming to visit me.

Have a fabulous day my friends!!

Hugs and blessings,

19 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Sabrina!! So rich and elegant!! I just love your use of the doily and your elegant take on the sketch!! Gorgeous, gorgeous my friend.
Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

I miss chatting with you. Hope all is well!!

Patter Cross said...

Girl, I LOVE your take on the sketch! It is so rich and beautiful. And the way you photographed it is just perfection! Gorgeous for sure! Have a blessed weekend girl!

Chrissy D said...

Sabrina, Thank you for the warm welcome!!! Your piece of art is so elegant and regal! Love that doily. Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello my dear friend - what a gorgeous card! You have taken the ODBD image to a new level Sabrina! You always add such a freshness and elegant touch to the challenge and the ODBD gallery! Love this - your doily is 'to die for!' LOL! Not literally!) Beautiful DP too my friend! I am loving this...love, love, love it! Thanks for all of the inspiration! {{{hugs}}}

ChristineCreations said...

Absolutely rich and elegant and beautiful Sabrina! Love the earthy tones and all the beautiful embellishments!

Michele Kovack said...

This is a beautiful card! I too love the colors and the doily!

Lori said...

Sabrina, this is fabulous!!! A very rich looking card, the colors are yummy. I have to CASE this one, (with what I have on hand anyway). I think that if you leave the doily off it would be an awesome manly card.

Crystal said...

WOW Sabrina this is sooooo beautiful...I LOVE the rich colors..GORGEOUS!

Mary said...

Good morning Sabrina. :) The challenge this week looks like a fun one. I love your take on it.But then I am a huge fan of all of your cards!You never cease to amaze me.

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.


Hugs,
Mary

Tameko said...

Sabrina, You have done it again....Another stunning creation. I love the rich/vintage feel of this card. Blessings, Tameko

Karen W said...

I love it and the sketch was fun! Your card is so pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and detail, Sabrina! I love the doily frame...I've gotta case it!
Thank you for sharing your amazing work!

Velta said...

Oh how you have inspired me with this beauty Sabrina!!! I have had some doilies in my drawer for ages...and now I want to pull them out because of your awesome use of them...this is truly a tribute to that verse :)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love that Doily....sure adds a nice touch. Beautiful!

Francie G. said...

Beutiful elegance, Sabrina! Such rich warm colors! Love the charm!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I love how your antique linen/crochet piece is repeated in the design of your paper....so wonderful....now off to see what else you have been up to....

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card thanks for sharing

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Sabrina!!! The ink distressing/sponging looks wonderful!!! Love the little added charm on the bottom!!!

Kommt ihr noch auf Besuch??? Let me know when and where to meet!!! Hugs ~S~

C said...

Wow, Sabrina...this is just sooooo beautiful...not sure if I'm inspired or intimidated by your talent. LOL...you are one talented lady!!