Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's "Hip to be square".....

yep, that is the theme for "The Shabby Tea Room Challenge" this week. Last week was my first week to play....as I just found out about this challenge ;D and guess what? I've got "honorable mention". How cool is that? Anyhow, I was kind of excited when I saw that the inspiration is a Quilt this week and I knew right away what I was going to do.

Here is the inspiration picture








and here is what I came up with



Recipe:
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, SU Pretty in Pink, K&Company Classic K McKenna

Stamps: Scripture Collection 1 from ODBD

Inks: SU Pretty in Pink, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tattered Rose, Chalk Ink Toffee

Accessories: Nesties Labels 11, Cuttlebug embossing folder Fancy Corners, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, Cricut Expression and my Accent Essentials cartridge fr the flower and the leaf, foam tape, 3D foam dots, Recollections half pearls

Doesn't this look just like an embroidered quilt? I had fun creating this card....I was is desperate need of "Therapy" again, kind of a norm lately, but hey, much cheaper than going to a therapist ;D. If you would like to find out more about this challenge head on over to "The Shabby Tea Room", but before you do, please let me know what you think about this card.

Well, this is it for right now. Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Hugs,


15 comments:

Debbie said...

So gorgeous!! I {heart} those embossed squares! So glad you could join us again, Sabrina, in the Tea Room! I can't wait to see what you design for next Monday's all new challenge too :)

Lori said...

Your card does look like a quilt, great job gf! I saw that you got an HM in the tea room! Thanks for finding this fun challenge site!

C said...

Whoa..another beauty! Adore the embossed squares...so wish I could play but we're off for a visit with the grandbabies. Hope your internet gets fixed.

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply GORGEOUS Sabrina!!! This is a very elegant take on the quilt!!! Love the embossed background!!! Hugs ~S~

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Sabrina. I love your embossed panels.. They are so pretty and they do look like a quilt.. Great job.

Meredith said...

Another great job!! Thanks for the sweet comment about my grandmother.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sabrina this is "shabby chic" at it's best!! Just gorgeous!!
smiles,Deena

Kathy Jones said...

Sabrina you are truly the Queen of Shabby Chic!!! This is absolutely Gorgeous girl and I looooooooove that flower!!!! :)

Nicole said...

Great job with this challenge. I love those embossed squares. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

Jami said...

Wow girl - I haven't stopped by in a while and you have been busy!! So many gorgeous creations to ogle over! I'm lovin' all those fabulous flowers you've been making!! Beautiful card my friend!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oohhh, your card is gorgeous! Love those embossed squares and the flower is so beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

Grace said...

Totally gorgeous gf!!! I love your 4 patch and all the texture!!! Your flowers are just gorgeous too!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Sabrina!! This is a pure beaty!! Love the embossed tile...very shabby chic!! Beautiful inspired card!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Sabrina - another gorgeous creation - I love this new challenge and saw your Honorable Mention - congratulations - and so well deserved! Love these embossed squares and the distressing - gorgeous! Your flowers,Sabrina and 'to die for' (not literally! LOL) Thanks for sharing Sabrina - I love our visits!! {{{hugs}}}

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Sabrina!!! I just love your take on the inspiration!! All the texture and embossing makes it look like an embroidered quilt!! Stunning and delicate!! Gorgeous design my friend!!
hugs,
Chris