Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Friday.......

yeah!! Oh my goodness, am I glad it is so and that my computer has Internet Explorer back on it. My DH had to fiddle with the laptop for a long while and still could not find it anywhere...it just deleted itself when my laptop in the middle of things just shut off :C. Anyhow, he had a backup and re-installed it. Thanks, DEAR!!!!





All right on to the card I wanted to share with you all yesterday but could not. It is a card I made for the Bible Verse Thursday Challenge (CPCMBVT49) over at Christian Paper Crafts Magazine. If you have not checked this challenge out...you are missing something. Angella Crockett comes up with these amazing challenges every Thursday....hence the name of the challenge ;D. This week Angie was challenging us to make a masculine card and use any scripture. I had to jump on this one as you all know I am having a bit of a hard time with masculine cards ;D, but I knew I wanted to ink up my brand new stamp set called "Dad" from ODBD. After I made the card and took a photo of it my oldest said "Mommy, can I have this card to give to daddy for his birthday?" So, you can guess where this one is going,LOL!! My baby, she is 8 y.o. makes the most amazing cards herself, but she does girlie cards best, so I will give in and let her have this one.





So, are you ready for a very masculine card?





Blessed is the man.......Dad













Recipe:
Paper: PTI Kraft, True Black, Basic Grey Granola

Stamps: ODBD Dad

Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Antique Linen, Weathered Wood

Accessories: Nesties Large Labels, pewter screw brads, pewter photo turn and mini brad, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool

Well, this is it. Isn't it just so simple, but so masculine? I love it. I knew I bought that Basic Grey Granola pad for a reason ;D!!

This is it for right now. Remember to come back an see me tomorrow!!!! The Shining the Light Challenge Team has an awesome challenge for you. If you like to do sketches...well, I don't want to spill all the beans,LOL!!! Some back tomorrow and I'll tell you the rest, you will love it, I promise!!!

Thanks for stopping by today. If you have a minute I'd like to know what you think about my masculine card.

Hugs,

2 comments:

Lori said...

Great masculine card!!! Your DD sounds sweet, and she has chosen a wonderful card for her daddy! I just love the screw brads and keep forgetting to order them. :P Husbands are so great, thank you Lord. I couldn't do without mine, he fixes everything for me. See you tomorrow!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

We were on the same wavelength Sabrina! I used the same colors on my card today! I love this masculine card!