Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good afternoon......

on this very hot day in Arizona! I finally have the card I have been telling you all about for days now, sorry, but my DD misplaced the cable to my camera, but it is all good, I found it ;D.

Yesterday was the first day of school and let me just say, I am one happy mom:D:D:D.

I tell you, you gotta love the year round school system that my DD is in. They started back yesterday, I don't like getting up at 5:30 am, but I sure like that I have somewhat of peace in the house. It is crazy, when my two girls are apart from each other they ask for each other and as soon as they get together they start fighting. And let me tell ya, it is not the big one messing with the little one, it is the other way around.



Anyhow, here is the card and it is a very, very simple one.



Thank You....






Recipe:

Paper: PTI white and True Black

Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black

Stamps: SU Embrace Life, Warmest Regards

Accessories: crystal half pearls, Kaiser half pearls in black,silver spacer beads, Nesties ovals and scalloped ovals, dimensionals, foam tape, glue dots


Like I've said, very simple but I like to have a few of those laying around so I am ready when I need one in the spare of the moment.


So, since I had a few minutes this morning after doing my chores, yes, you all know about those, making beds, washing clothes, cleaning the bathrooms. I pulled out one of those cool flourish thingies I bought from "Twopeasinabucket". They are half pearls shaped into a flourish. The name on them says opaline flourish and they are from Basic Grey. For this card I went a little more Vintage, just had to do it with that thingy :D. For my base I pulled out my last piece of Vintage Cream cs from PTI (I love that stuff!!!!) it is so very versatile and goes with lots of those Vintage papers I have from K&Company. So this card has some of that K&Company paper. I also incorporated some of these adorable little roses from Prima's Fairy Tales Collection from Michael's and to top it all off I also added a Vintage heart button and some of the absolutely gorgeous and oh so very soft silk ribbon from Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. If you have not tried this silk ribbon, let me tell you, you gotta get some, it is so soft and so very pretty. I have not felt anything like it before.



Wait for the LORD..........




Recipe:
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, K&Company Classic K and Designer Pad from K&Company Classic K for the moss kind of textured cs mat.
Stamps: Unity Psalm 27:14 Wait for the LORD
Ink: Chalk Box Spanish Olive
Accessories: Basic Grey opaline flourish in pearl, vintage heart button, Prima Fairy Tales Collection mini roses in off white, sage silk ribbon from Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, double sided tape, foam tape, dimensionals


Wheew, I really needed this today :D:D:D
Made me feel good to get my stamp space messed up ;D and my fingers inky :D:D:D.

That is all I have for you all today.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs,

12 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sabrina, love these cards - B&W always looks so elegant and this is no exception. I love your second card - you know me and a vintage feel!! Those pearl flourishes are divine - I haven't seen them before...this is one gorgeous card Sabrina - I love the 'feel' you give your cards!!

Thise girls - they must be related to mine! LOL! My DD's are 13 and 11 and are just the same - but when one is hurt or an injustice done to them...look out coz the other is the first one there....at least they have it right at that level!! So keep up the good work - we always have our 'L' plates on as parents!! God bless you my friend...and keep those cards coming!! {{{hugs}}}

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Sabrina. I love the simple one with all the white. The second one with all those yummy flowers is so pretty. I am ready for school to start too. My son is so bored. Great job on these creations. It is good to have some mom time...

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL CARDS - Sabrina!!! Love the first one for it's simplicty and the second one for the beautiful colors and the wonderful Psalm!!!

I'm counting down too....13 days - wahoooo!!! I'm so ready to have *my* life back!!!

Glad you had fun with yourself today!!! Hugs ~S~

Teresa K. said...

Simple, elegant, beautiful - both of them are wonderful.

Here's the link for the card box that you requested from me:http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/2009/06/card-purse-tutorial.html

My computer is still being obnoxious, but I gooogled 'til I found it.
Have a great day.

Connie M. said...

These are both stunning, Sabrina! Love the simplicity of the B&W card, and all the embellies on the second card are just amazing!!

I can't believe your girls started school already! When I heard on the news that your district started back on Monday I was shocked! I had no idea that school district was year round...how nice! We still have three more weeks 'til school starts...after the fighting going on here this morning...the three weeks will not be fast enough! LOL!!! :)

Jenny Gropp said...

Wonderful cards! Both are wonderful, black and white is always stunning. But I love all the embellishments on #2!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi again Sabrina, I was just wanting you to know I have left a little some thing for you on my Blog, you can check it our here:
http://lovelylindascraftcentral.blogspot.com/
God bless you my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

Dawn B. said...

You changed your blog background. Very nice looking. I love the colors. Hope your weekend is going well..Hugs.

C said...

Sabrina, I loved the first card then kept reading and nearly fell off my chair when I saw the second....GORGEOUS!!! I'm going to Two Peas and look for those "thingys"..they are beautiful.

PS...DH bought me an Okidata printer...prints cs like a dream...think he had photo printing in mind as well.

cardsbycarla@cogeco.ca said...

Oh Sabrina this is so pretty!!! How do you get your flourish pearls to go on so beautifully? I always get more stuck to me then on the card.....!!

Grace said...

Hi Sabrina! So good to see you today! Thanks for stopping by my blog too! I am sooooo glad I came here today because your cards are both amazing! I was loving the simplicity of the first one but as I read further and saw the second one my jaw nearly hit the floor! LOVE everything about it! Love the little flowers... I use them a lot too... soooo pretty! The paper is gorgeous.... LOVE the verse... oh it's sooo pretty! Every little detail is perfect!!! Hugs!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I have a flower stamp very similar to the first one you used. It makes a great card to case. Your second card is just beautiful as always. Such pretty paper and embellishments!!!