Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hi all.......

it is sneak peek time for the newest Innovative Stamp Creation stamp sheet that will be available to you all on Monday the 8th!!!! Boy oh boy are you going to love the 3 new sheets Betsy has for you. The first one I will be sharing with you all is a peek of the stamp sheet that is called "Memories of Patriotism" (MOP) See my husband retired just last year after 26 years in the US Air Force and it made me proud to be part of some of those years. I met my husband 16 years ago and so I got to go on 2 tours with him, one was right here in Tucson, Arizona and from here we went all the way on to the other side of the world to Okinawa,Japan. I had mixed feelings about the assignment to Japan, but it turned out to be the most beautiful place you'll ever want to see. Okinawa,Japan is not like Mainland Japan, it is totally tropical, almost like Hawaii. But enough about that and back to the stamp sheet. For this peek I am showing you two of my cards I made. Betsy provided us with some really cool paper which is by Karen Foster and it is called Stars and Stripes Collage. This DP is NOT double sided, but it is gorgeous!!!! See, I really STILL don't have good markers and was afraid that I would not be able to give this set justice, but Karen Foster came to the rescue so to speak, as this paper is more rustic and really on the rusty red side. So, to not further keep you in suspense here is my first card


Welcome home....



Recipe:


Paper: SU Riding Hood Red, Karen Foster Stars and Stripes collage # 64282, PTI Vintage Cream


Stamps: ISC MOP "Memories of Patriotism"


Ink: Chalk Box Creamy Brown, Prussian Blue, Charcoal,Chestnut Roan, Burnt Sienna


Accessories: the brad I've used here was originally antique silver but I aged it with Ranger Alcohol Inks in Copper, Latte and Caramel



red marker (from my DD ;D) for parts of the flag, Tim Holtz distressing tool.



So, what do you think? Did I do the good ole' flag justice?



On the my second card for this stamp sheet.





Gallantry

Recipe:
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Karen Foster Stars and Stripes Collage # 64282
Stamps: ISC MOP "Memories of Patriotism"
Ink: Chalk Box Burnt Sienna, Chestnut Roan, Creamy Brown
Accessories: SU window punch, Making Memories antique copper frame, Tim Holtz distressing tool, We are Memory Keepers antique copper brad, dimensionals


On this card I stamped one of the images Declaration of Independence unto the DP in Burnt Sienna then I stamped the row of stars unto Vintage Cream cs in the same Burnt Sienna color and the soldiers setting the flag into the ground as well. Did you all know that this image is from an event that took place not too far from where we were last stationed? Yep, Iwo Jima is not too far from Okinawa, Japan and the Marine's still go there for exercises. You can read a little more about this here I know some of you probably know more about this event then me, since I am German and it was not really part of our history lessons, but it was interesting to learn about it while we were in Japan, for me anyway ;D.

Did I get you interested in this set? Well, you'll have to wait until Monday, but you will love to see what this set has to offer. So, head on over to ISC on Monday and see for yourself.
Over the next few days I will show you two more of the sets that are available on Monday and let me tell you, you will love it!!!!

That is it for me for now. Thank you so very much for stopping by.


Hugs,


2 comments:

jojot said...

It is so much fun to see what others do with the same set......great work, tfs....love both of your cards....

Connie M. said...

Oh my! I was so excited about your news in your previous post I totally missed this the first time around!!

Both cards are wonderful, Sabrina! Love the soft tones in the eagle card, and how you used the frame on the second...Fabulous!!