Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oh my goodness.......

how time flies and I did not post anything!!!! I am truly sorry, but last week was crazy busy in my house. I had lots of things to do for our Pastor's and wife Anniversary at church and when it was all over with on Sunday night, I needed sleep :D. Since Friday and Saturday were evening services we did not get home until almost midnight on both days (ya'll have to know that we live a good 45 minutes away from church and that is on the Highway) So please forgive me once again. I do have a card for you all today that I made for a good friend of mine who is celebrating her Birthday tomorrow. I know, it is kind of late, but it will get there in time since she lives only like 30 min. away ;P. Anyhow, here is what I've created



Birthday Wishes



Recipe:

Paper: SU Pretty in Pink, Basic Grey Eva, PTI True Black

Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black

Stamp: Birthday Wishes from the SU set Elegant Cheer

Accessories: pink sheer ribbon from my stash, 5 layers of Prima Daisies, decorative brad, Nesties classic scallop circles large, Martha Stewart 3 Butterflies punch, pink crystals in 2 different sizes, Foam Tape, double sided tape

So, what do you all think? Would you like this card if you received it in the mail? I sure hope my friend likes it. I know I should start having some Birthday cards already made up, for those Birthdays that just sneak up on you. Maybe it is the age, but if I don't write the Birthdays down every month I'll forget in a heartbeat :D.


Today is the last full day of school for my 7 y.o. they have not really done anything in over a week and her teacher is leaving the school for 2 years, so everything was kind of emotional for both the kids and the teacher alike. She is a good teacher and has given my baby her wings in 2nd grade. So, the teacher if she was going to do something special the last day of school and she said, yes, she was planning on it, but couldn't think of anything, because the school my daughter is going to they are not allowed to bring in cakes, cupcakes, candy or anything unhealthy. My DD Birthday is in July, which is the month they go back to school, but she never gets to celebrate with her friends, so I've decided to donate healthy things like Turkey dogs, wheat buns, 100 cal. Pringles, sugar reduced juice and all of the condiments and plates, napkins etc. so they could have at least a little fun and celebrate my DD Birthday at the same time. One other parent brought Watermelon and a veggie tray. We had one downfall though today!!!! They wanted to do it outside, but it has been raining for 2 days straight here in supposedly sunny Arizona, so they had to do a picnic inside. It was a big hit though!!!


Well, I have a quick question, what are some of you guys doing with your children this summer?


Here in AZ it is pretty hot (most of the time ) and I guess, I'll have to find a few activities to do indoors.


All right, this is it for today, I am sure you've had enough of all my talking. Thank you so very much for stopping by and have a wonderful evening.


Hugs,


3 comments:

Janna said...

Wow, Sabrina you have been crazy busy!!! Sounds like the pastors anniversary went well as did your daughters last day of school! What a lovely idea to bring all that food! My neices' school has the same policy so my sister always has to come up with relaly happy treats for them. I have to say though that I adore this care! Ir eally like the layering of the scallops and the beautiful butterfly you have floating on the card! The papers and colors are amazing as well and really add so much to the great layout.

Well I think this summer Izzy is just going to be taking gymnastics and swimming in the pool. We have a couple of activities planned for trips with the family but that is it. Nothing too exciting! LOL!

hugs!
janna

SandyK said...

Beautiful!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Birthday card, love the colors!