Friday, March 20, 2009

Goodness, when did this happen?

It's Friday already and I have not yet posted any of the cards I made :(. Well, to be honest, most of the cards I made this week ended up in the trashcan instead on here. Do you ever have those times, when you have tons of ideas in your head, but when it comes all together the only place for it is the trashcan? Well, that is was happen just about every day this week. My DD is still home, today is the last day and we have been out and about, gotta keep them happy, right?!



But I managed to get a few things done, not as many as I planned on, but that is all right. This first card is actually for Sharon Johnson's stamp simple challenge where the theme this week is "You've been tabbed". To find out more click on her name above. So, this card kind of came together very easy, because I knew I wanted to use this little scrap of ribbon only about 5.5" long, not enough for anything really, the paper is from my favorite company Basic Grey and is called Sultry, love it all!!! My trusty Nesties Labels 3 and my brand new stamp set "Three little words" . Very simple and I think I followed all the requirements for this stamp simple challenge.


Three Little Words......



Recipe:

Paper: PTI white, Basic Grey Sultry, moss colored recycled cs from http://www.limelightpapercrafts.com/

Stamps: SU Three Little Words
Inks: SU Mellow Moss, Pixie Pink, Chalk Box Chestnut Roan distressing edges
Accessories: Magenta colored Prima's, scrap of moss colored satin ribbon, antique silver brad, Nesties Labels 3, dimensionals

This is the first one to upload. My second card is one that I made for someone special to say "Thanks". It is a very quick one. Remember the paper stack La Creme I have been talking about a few weeks ago, well, this paper is just so yummy, I can't get over it. This one with the geometric lines and the felt embossed flowers, it truly is gorgeous IRL!!!! I kept it simple because I did not want to interfere with the paper too much ;P. I also finished the inside too, so I'll have to show you it as well.



Here it is the outside of my



Thank You





and here the inside














Recipe:


Paper: PTI True Black, Vintage Cream, DCWV La Creme mat stack
Stamps: SU Thank You Kindly (outside), Friendship Flowers (inside)
Paper Salon Fancy Flourished (inside)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Nesties Labels 2, black half pearls by Kaiser, dimensionals


Told you, pretty quick and simple!!!! I think I like this one BEST of all the cards that I am posting ;).

The next one is one that I made for our First Lady at church. She is such a sweetheart and her and Pastor's pastoral Anniversary is coming up soon so I bought her a little something, and I wanted to make a card in one of her favorite colors ORANGE!!!! It is close to that, and some of that Basic Grey Ambrosia paper I have been hording came in handy. Oh, did I say the stamp is from the SU Yummy set which is a FREE one because I spent more than $50 on my order and this was the only set that really caught my eye in the Sale-a-bration booklet.


Have a look at

A little Something for you.........

Recipe:
Paper: PTI Summer Sunrise, Basic Grey Ambrosia
Ink: Chalk Box chalk ink Tangerine
Stamps: SU Yummy set A Little Something For You
Accessories: Primas, Basic Grey decorative brad from the Ambrosia collection, dimensionals, PTI Summer Sunrise satin ribbon



Would you like this card if your favorite color was orange?

I did something kind of new today as well, this was only the second time I took my pictures outside. Remember a few weeks back I planted some flowers in my planters right outside my front door. These pictures were taken right there at my front door. I really like the way the true color of the cards shows.

All righty, that is it for now. I guess I'll upload the other two a little later. My kids just came in and they are really exhausted. It is overcast today, but really, really hot, so they need a little attention right now.

See y'all later. Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Hugs,

7 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Sabrina - these are all beautiful! I love the black and white one. Yes, I do love the orange one and my favorite color isn't even orange :) Great job on all of them!

Janna said...

Sabrina this is incredible!! Wow, wow, wow! The sentiments are beautiful and I love the layouts you created! The papers are just amazing as well! I could literally look at them for hours!!! You have such an amazing talent for making elegant cards and I know the lucky recepients of these will adore them!

smiles,
janna

Grace said...

Oh Sabrina!!!! These cards are all gorgeous! You have been busy gf!!! I love all the designer papers... I'll have to look into that DCWV LaCreme pack... yummy!!! I also am a lover of Basic Grey! Your style is so pleasing and I so enjoy your work! Thanks also for the sweet comments you make on mine! I do so appreciate them!!! Oh... your free set is the one my DD got... I love it!!! It's always fun to get something free!!! Hugs, and happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I just found our blog. I have to say that your work is just lovely. Now, I don't use the word lovely much, but your blog is just lovely. I can see the Lord in your work. Thank you.

Nena

Dawn B. said...

These are all so pretty. I love DCWV. I have a hard time finding that here. Really great job on all three of these. The orange looks terrific. I find it hard to use orange. Super job Sabrina.

Anonymous said...

These are all just gorgeous creations!!! Love the ribbon leaves, your beautiful LaCreme and fun Ambrosia!! Thanks so much for playing my challenge!! Much appreciated!!!

Unknown said...

all wonderful cards, great job.