Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's a new day....

Hello my stamping friends!!  I am back from vacation and I am trying to get back into the swing of things.  :D
So, to start this new day out right, I have a card I would like to share with you all that I've made with one of the newly released stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs last week called "Not Forgotten". I know the image of the soldier is supposed to be a male, but I thought that I could easily make this into a little more feminine looking card as well. See, my husband was active duty Air Force for 26 years and I have seen more than one soldier (male and female) leaving for deployment or TDY or training and from the back some females even look like men, no offense. The uniform/BDU's do not distinguish between male and female, it's one for all. To make a long story short, I have made a pretty girlie card to honor a lady that recently joined our church, she is in the Air Force as well.

Have a look and if you have some time I'd like to know what you think about my card honoring one of the brave women defending our freedom. She is not deployed right now, but she had been last year.

Fight the good fight...





Recipe:

Paper: PTI Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate, Recollections Kraft, Basic Grey Nook&Pantry

Stamps: ODBD Not Forgotten

Ink: SU Close to Cocoa (Image) , Memento Rich Cocoa (scripture)

Accessories: Offray cream cotton lace, May Arts ribbon, handmade flower, Recollections half pearls, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large, Labels 20, Standard Circles Large, Parisian Accents,


All right, so, what do you think? I think it works pretty well for a female.

I am sure that I will be using this set over and over again, and it does not have to be for a holiday, I can now make a card that honors one of these brave military members, active duty, retired it is just a perfect addition, wouldn't you agree?

Well, this is it for me for today! Thanks so much for stopping by and making my day a happy day!

Have a blessed and super creative day!

Hugs,



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Genius! The lightly inked image works perfectly. I see a woman just because it is for a woman. ;)

Mary said...

Sabrina, I think that your card works great for a woman who is or has been in the service. I'm sure that the woman in your church will love this card. I love that you added the big bow and flower. The stamp is wonderful, I have had my eye on it since it was released. :)

I hope you had a wonderful vacation.

Hugs,
Mary

Becky said...

What a beautiful card Sabrina, what a good idea to keep in mind for the women in the armed forces.
Hugs :)

velta said...

Oh Wowzers on that flower...of course Sabrina the card is another creation that ONLY YOU could make! Love it! Looking forward to the weekend...Hope you are too!

Grace said...

I think this is one gorgeous creation Sabrina and so thoughtful too! I'm sure she loved this! I'm loving your big flower!!! You sure do a great job with making flowers!!!! Hope you are doing well my friend!
hugs,
Grace

Conniecrafter said...

Hope you had a good time on your vacation, and are all rested up :) I am usually more tired after a vacation.... It's great how you were able to make a female card out of this image, great pop of color. I remember after my husband went on his first deployment after our daughter was a toddler and we were in the commisary and she ran up to a guy in his uniform and thought it was her daddy

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Sabrina!! I just love the homemade flower, your colors, and your design! What a gorgeous card for a female servicemen!!!
hugs,
Chris

Joanne (jojot) said...

another great bloom teamed up with gorgeous dp......fabbo