Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hello, hello, hello....

my stamping friends!!!!  Can you believe it is Saturday already? Well, it is and that means it is time for a new Shining the Light Challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs.   This week we have a pretty cool challenge....are you ready?

Do you sometimes get in a slump and just create cards with your stamps...I know I do. This week we want you to create anything but a card. It need not be 3D...it can be a bookmark, tag, etc. I hope this helps you think outside of the box.




To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize , a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, November 18. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by November 18 at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC37. When creating your posts on blogs please include a direct link to the challenge.

This challenge was really fun for me....have a look and see

Thinking of You




Recipe:

Paper: K&Company Wild Saffron (still LOVE this paper ;D)

Stamps:  ODBD Thinking of You

Ink: Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Vintage Photo, StampinUp Close to Cocoa

Accessories: Spellbinders Nesties Labels 5, Fancy Tags, Standard Circles Large, Prima Hydrangeas in yellow distressed with Vintage Photo Distressing Ink, Flourish was cut with my Cricut Expression and the Storybook cartridge, antique copper brad, Filling of the cup:  Almond Biscotti, tea, Lindt Truffles ;D(yum!!!)

So, what do you think? Are you inspired to join us in this fun challenge? Remember you do not have to make a 3D project, you can make a bookmark, tags (they all would make pretty nice little gifts for a teacher, a friend....you name it ;D;D)

The idea for this cup came from the new Scor-Pal Ezine, but I have to confess that I changed it just a little, I made the cup a tad bit taller because I knew I wanted to fill it with all of those goodies :D:D

Would you like to see what my Challenge Team Sisters have come up with? Well, head on over to see


Chris

Chrissy

Fran

Patter

those girls will blow off your socks!!!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today, it really is always a joy to read your comments!!

Oh, before I forget, I would like to THANK all of those that played along last week....it was so much fun to come by your place to see your creations.....thank you!!! If you did not win, don't give up, you'll never know when God will bless and you'll be the winner of the $ 15 gift certificate that can go toward a stamp purchase at the ODBD store.  Also make sure you'll check out what else is going on at ODBD over at the ODBD Blog

Have a blessed day!!

Hugs,



19 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hey girlfriend!! I just love your gift cup!! What an incredible project. Love the papers you used and all the yellow details!! Anyone would love to receive this...you know my addy. LOL! Stunning take on the challenge my friend.
Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

Oh Sabrina this is just so beautiful! Love the cup and you chose such perfect papers to use! What a wonderful gift idea!!! Very creative my friend!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Ms. Jen said...

WOW Girlie! You're knockin my socks off. This is so adorable. I just love it.

Tameko said...

Oh Sabrina, This is absolutely beautiful. You have done a fantastic job girl!!!! I so need to get busy on this challenge, as my mojo has not been around lately. But you all have inspired me. Be Blessed ~ Tameko

Chrissy D said...

Sabrina - this is GORGEOUS. Love that decorated mug. AMAZING - at first glance it looked like a real mug... but looking closer - is it paper? WOW! You Rock. Have a blessed weekend!!!(((HUGS)))

Pati said...

Very cool cup & what a fun gift idea! I gave out mugs of goodies for years at work, never thought to try making one of paper! I thought it was a real mug at first glance too, great size & colors, love that flower!

Lori said...

Sabrina, I love to see what you've done for ODBD every week. This week you've outdone yourself, wowzers girl!!!! I guess I had better bet myself a Score Pal. I have been thinking about it anyway, but you've pushed me over the edge, I gotta make one of these cups!

Patter Cross said...

Okay, I will take a cup full of the truffles please. :) :) I LOVE this! So creative and beautiful! Just an amazing take on the challenge girl!!!!! Love it! Have a blessed Sunday!

Crystal said...

Oh WOW What a beautiful project Sabrina...I LOVE this, and SOOOOO CREATIVE!!! yummmmooo do you have my addy sweetie, LOL!!! Have a GREAT weekend, hugs!

Silke Ledlow said...

Yummy...this is fabulous Sabrina!!! I love this cup and the goodies too :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Karen W said...

Yummy is right, what a fantstaic idea. Great project!!

Dawn B. said...

Well how clever are you.. I have not seen this pattern before. You picked some really pretty paper. This is awesome Sabrina.. Have a great week.

Mary said...

Oh wow Sabrina! The cup that you made is so beautiful. I love the flower that you made too.What a thoughtful gift this cup would make for anyone. So now I know that you not only make gorgeous cards but that you are also very talented in making 3D items. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful week Sabrina.

Mary

Rosemary said...

gorgeous, gorgeous project, sabrina!!! love it! thank you for the lovely comments you always leave me!! blessings!!

velta said...

My dear friend...my goodness you have flown over the rainbow with this creation...jealousy is really not my forte...but I am close here...you have just outdone yourself with this beauty...Have a great week girl and thank you for sharing your inspiration:)

C said...

Look at you! Awesome, awesome...love this so much. Off to check out the ezine.

Joanne (jojot) said...

Sabrina...you always amaze me with your creativity...this is such a darling little gift package.....that cup rocks....I dare anyone to look at this and not smile and gaze in amazement

Francie G. said...

Sabrina, this is fabulous! Love this little gift package! So many possibilities! Love the papers, colors all your wonderful details! Beautiful!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice thanks for sharing!!!