Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Saturday......

my stamping friends!!! Are you ready for a fabulous new Shining the Light Challenge? Today
the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge Team is challenging you to make is "SPARKLE"!!!! Yep, Challenge # 29 asks you to get out the Rhinestones, glitter or whatever you think makes your creation "SPARKLE"!!!!!





To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize , a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!


Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, September 16. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by September 16 at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC29. When creating your posts on blogs please include a direct ink to the challenge.





Would you like to see what I came up with? Off course you would, that's why you are here, right? I did not have any glitter...not a glitter girl....only have some Christmas glitter my girls used, but it was not gonna work for my card, so, I had to use some of my beloved ZVA Creative Rhinestone flourishes :D:D:D.





Have a look





"SPARKLE"



Recipe:

Paper: PTI Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Rustic Cream, Basic Grey Cappella

Stamps: ODBD Don't Worry

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Vintage Photo and Antique Linen

Accessories: Nesties Lacey Squares, ZVA Creative Taupe Rhinestone Flourish, Studio18 (Michael's $ spot) moss colored rhinestones, handmade stickpin using a Maya Road Crystal Trinket Pin as my base and adding a pearl, antique brass spacer bead and a topaz colored glass bead to it, handmade flower (made with the SU scalloped circle punch) , May Arts brown 1.5" crinkle ribbon (gorgeous stuff ;D), Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, foam tape

So, whatcha think? I know the "sparkle" does not really show up that well in the photo, but IRL it's pretty sparkly! :D:D:D

Would you like to see some more awesome creations and different interpretations of "sparkle"? My Design Sisters have created masterpiece that for sure will get those wheels of yours turning, if you don't already have been inspired ;D. When you are done visiting with me check out what

Chris

Chrissy

Fran

Patter

came up.

All right, this is it for me for today. Thanks so much for coming to visit with me.

Have a fabulous and very creative weekend my friends.

Hugs and blessings,

15 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning Shabby Chic creation Sabrina!! I so love your earthy tones, the distressing, flower and gorgeous addition of the rhinestones. That amazing bow just tops it off!! The verse is beautifully framed and oh so true. Unfortunately I think we all worry although we shouldn't.

Have a great weekend my friend!! Thanks for helping me each week with comments etc. Your help is so appreciated!!
hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

I love all the bling-bling... This is so fabulously Chic.. gorgeous card.

Patter Cross said...

Such a gorgeous card, and love that bow! Awesome for sure! Have a blessed Saturday!

Chrissy D said...

Good morning Sabrina - this is GORGEOUS! I love the BLING and sparkle and the muted colors - and... THAT BOW! SUCH YUMMY RIBBON!!! Praying you have a blessed day!

Ms. Jen said...

Those earthy tones on that paper are gorgeous! Great sparkle. Love that flower and frame too. Your bustin 'em out now!

Crystal said...

Happy Saturday Sabrina....!!!! Can you tell me where you come up with such FABULOUS layouts..eeek I LOVE this and the use of your nesties are fabulous...ooooo I am lovin these yummy warm colors...This is soooo beautiful and that ribbon oooooo gorgeous...I LOVE LOVE This!!!!! Have a great weekend!!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Sabrina - Talk about DELISH!! This card looks amazing - you just nail these challenges each week! Love the colours and that divine Nestie, my friend! Gorgeous DP, pearls and ribbon! What a great scripture Sabrina - thank you for the encouragement and inspiration - coming here is like being at Church! Love it! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}

Lori said...

More yummy ribbon and a stick pin, love it! I know the sparkle of your card, don't know why it is so hard to capture on film!

Francie G. said...

Wowza! Sabrina, this is gorgeous! Love the diecuts, all the fab bling and those beautiful flowers!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Sabrina!! I love the color combo and your design! I really have to get the swirl rhinestones/pearls...I LOVE the way you use for your cards!

Mary said...

I love your card! I love the sparkle and I can see it just fine. :) I love coming here to see what your up to and what new card design you have to share with all of us. Sabrina, I love your bow! It is gorgeous. Adding a flower and then one of your stick pins plus the sparkle just blows me away. Only you can put all of these elements on one card and have it look beautiful. If I tried to do what you do my card would look very cluttered. Not yours.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Mary

Tameko said...

Love this card. Colors, ribbon, bling so beautiful!

Grace said...

WOWZERS Sabrina! You are rockin gf!!! Your gorgeous SB frames and that ribbon and the rhinestones and every little detail on this is stunning!!! You have nailed it and then some!!! Love the warmth and beauty of this one my friend! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Grace

velta said...

Oh Sabrina My Dear...the Sparkle does show up! The colors you have chosen compliment this verse to the max! TFS!!!

C said...

Gorgeous sweet friend! But, of course, all you do is. Love that May Arts ribbon, too.