Saturday, April 3, 2010

Good morning on this beautiful Saturday.....

my stamping friends!!! Are you ready for ODBD's Shining the Light Challenge # 8? Oh my goodness, do we have a good one for you today!!! Since the day before yesterday was April Fools Day, we are challenging you to use stitching on your card or for April Fools use Faux stitching!! I did get my machine to cooperate with me for 2 minutes and got some stitching on the card I am going to share with you all. I have been trying hard not too go overboard and so I made a CAS card....really not much going on, but I chose some really cool paper by S.e.i. called Jocelyn. Have a look and see for yourself.








The Flowers appear......






Recipe:
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, S.e.i. Jocelyn

Stamps: ODBD The Lord has Risen

Ink: Tim Holtz Distressing Ink Tea Dye, Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories: Nesties Classic Scallop Squares Large, Classic Squares large, crochet lace (Joann's) velvet ribbon (sewed on the lace ;D) Ashland Daisy, MayaRoad chip board bird sprayed with Glimmer Mist in Autumn Leaves, Recollections golden half pearl, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, sewing machine,

See, a pretty CAS card, not much going on. I was trying to keep it CAS as the paper is a little busy with the different patterns on it, but I think it works. IRL the paper has an amazing shimmer to it...the big flower is almost the exact same color as the yellow on the card.

If you have played with us before you already know that we have a prize waiting for one of the entries...if this is your first time playing along with us here is what we do: To make this challenge a little more fun for all of you, we are giving away a $ 15.00 gift certificate to be used towards stamps from the Our Daily Bread Designs Store !! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, 8. April, 2010 at 8 p.m.!!!!!One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. While it is not required to use ODBD images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award however, you must use ODBD stamps and have to have your creation added to Mr. Linky by April 8, 2010, by 8 p.m.EST. If you upload your creation to SCS or any other online gallery, please use the keyword ODBDSLC8.

When creating your blog posts, please include a link to the challenge.

Are you ready to get some more inspiration? My teammates have come up with some pretty amazing creations, but before you go, please make sure you leave me some love....because I love to read what you think ;D. It is almost like my fuel that keeps me going ;D;D.

So, here are the links to

America

Chris

Christine

Fran

Natalie

Patter

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope and pray that you've enjoyed your visit.

Hugs,

14 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Sabrina!! Love your dp, colors, punched out bird,distressing and lace. It has a shabby chic feel to it. Beautiful verse!! Thanks for always doing a great job and a constant support to me my dear friend.
hugs,
Chris

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh ....I forgot to wish you a blessed Easter my friend. Happy Easter!!

hugs,
Chris

Patter Cross said...

Oooh, so glad you got your machine to work. I love the striped paper here. It is just perfect for your gorgeous card!!! Have a blessed Easter!

America said...

Sabrina, my dear FLOWER QUEEN... this is fabulous in every way. Love the colors and details and DP!!! WOW! I hope you will have a wonderful Easter weekend my friend. :)

Lori said...

Hi Sabrina! Pretty card, the flower looks real!!! Have a wonderful Easter Day, with lots of blessings! Hugs, Lori

Joanne (jojot) said...

your stitching is fab, my friend....and I just love every last detail of this beauty...esp. the little birdie at the corner

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful CAS card Sabrina!!! Perfect stitching!!!

Happy Easter to you and your family!!! Hugs ~S~

Mary said...

Sabrina, your CAS card is what I would make if I were trying to make a fancy card. :) Your cards are such an inspirtaion to me. The stitching on your card is awesome! I love the look! Sure wish I could sew but I'm lucky to sew a button on. :) Love the paper that you used as wll as all of the other elements. Your card is beautiful.

I hope that you and your family all have a very Happy & blessed Easter day.

Mary

Velta said...

Oh Sabrina this is just beautiful and perfect for Easter!!! I love the sponging you did and that little bird and flower really make this card stand out!

Wishing you and yours the very Best of Easters!!

Lovely Linda said...

Love this CAS card Sabrina - it is gorgeous! I love the DP and that fabulous stitching! You always fins the most amazing flowers Sabrina - so very you! Love that touch of lace too! Well played - I had better get myself organised to play this week! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Carla Murphy said...

Hi Sabrina - ohhhh, your card is so pretty. What a cute little bird. Sorry I haven't been around. Haven't been making a lot of cards, except just this weekend I made a few. Thanks for commenting, I always look forward to your comments! Happy Easter to you.

ChristineCreations said...

So sweet Sabrina! Love that adorable glittery bird too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so pretty, Sabrina! I love the dp and your beautiful flower.

Grace said...

Sabrina I don't know how I missed this one but it's such a beauty!!! I love the little bird and gorgeous flower!!! I think the pretty dp just shouts spring! Gorgeous creation as always, Sabrina! ({{{Hugs}}}}