Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hello friends.....

I know it has been an entire week since I posted and I hope that you will hang on in there with me, as I am super busy with my kids. So, please forgive me. I have a few things for you all. I actually made 2 cards last weekend, but did not have a chance to upload until now. Do you ever have that you make a project and you write everything down, but somehow your notes disappear? Well, that is exactly what happened to me. So, the recipe for my 2 cards are going to be based on what I remember ;D.


The first one is a card I made with a stamp set from Just Rite that is actually retiring, so I had to jump right on it and order it before it was gone. If you have been visiting the Just Rite website you probably have seen some pretty amazing creations by the DT there and let me tell you all of the projects done with this set are just gorgeous. My card is pretty simple but this stamp does not need much as it speaks for itself :D.


Precious and few .....


Recipe:

Paper: PTI white, Basic Grey Lilykate

Stamps: Just Rite Harmony Classic Circle Stamper III

Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Chalk ink in pink for the edges

Accessories: Nesties Classic Circles, Primas in pink, pearl brad from the bridal section at Mike's, white grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals



What y'all think? Not very many embellishments needed, right?




The second one is a square card that is 5.5"x5.5" and I used my Unity stamps, which I had to dust off ;D. I am a big sucker for paper and embellishments and just about every time I go to Mike's or Joann's I'll find some kind of paper that is on sale. It is almost like it is calling my name :D:D:D. The paper I used here is a pad by K&Company and is called Ancestry. Let me tell you, it has the most gorgeous double sided papers in it. The one I've used here makes a statement but yet is not too much (at least that is what I think,LOL!) I also used my Twinkling H2O's I snatched up on that fabulous 40% off deal they had going on when they thought they were going out of business. It's just a good thing that some bigger companies stepped in and helped them out so we all can benefit from it as they now stay in business and that sale is now over. Pretty sure most of you have used the H2O's before but for those that have not, they are the most fabulous paints you'll ever have and they last forever. When I color with them I usually use my aqua pen it makes it easy to control how wet you'll get your paints. For this project where I simply colored the Primas I used the color "fire & ice". To start out I used off white larger flower which I left that way just painted with "fire&ice" and a smaller one that I colored with a marker in a cocoa color and than painted with "fire&ice". As you'll see the outcome is completely different and matches the BG DP almost exactly. For the sentiment I cut out some octagons with my new Nesties added a signature stick pin and voila the card was almost done :D:D.

A friend........


Recipe:

Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, K&Company Acestry,

Canon textured cs in Champagne, SU Close to Cocoa

Stamps: Unity Stamps Proverbs 17:17

Ink: SU Close to Cocoa

Accessories: Nesties Octagons, spacer beads , crystals, flower filigree, handmade stick pin with glass beads, champagne colored satin ribbon, Primas, Twinkling H2O's in the color "fire & ice"


Can you all see the twinkle that the flowers give off? I think I took like 10 pictures and the one outside finally captured the shimmer a little bit. Sorry about the card laying down, the wind was just way to strong and the card kept on falling off of the rock :D.

That is it for me for right now. I'll have another post a little later for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenge. You might want to come on back as I will share a pretty yummy recipe that is so easy to do and almost cooks itself ;D.

See you later!!!



Hugs,



3 comments:

Grace said...

Wow Sabrina! I love them both!!! I had to chuckle... I have had that happen where I wrote all the details down and then lost the sticky... you are not alone! Love both cards... great ribbons too!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

they are both beautiful....and with creations like this we will wait until you are ready to share...well worth any wait....tfs

Silke Ledlow said...

Both cards are just beautiful - Sabrina!!! I really like the first one...just perfect!!!

Hugs ~S~