Thursday, June 11, 2009

Goodness, where has time gone?

I tell you, when your kids are home time sure seems to fly by. It is Thursday and that means I have to get ready for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge and she asked us to use half circles. When I heard that I knew exactly what I was going to do. A while back I had ordered some cs scalloped circles from http://www.limelightcrafts.com/ and they came in handy for this fun challenge. I actually was able to pull 2 off for this challenge. It was almost like I was on a creating trip :D:D:D The first card that I made is a little on the romantic side, since I've used some of this wonderful paper from K&Company called Ancestry. It also went very well with some NEW Prima Hydrangeas I got the other day. I have not bought anything from eBay in like ages and when I was searching for Hydrangeas it took me there. I ordered on Sunday and my order arrived yesterday (Wednesday) I'd say that was pretty quick. Have a look for yourself.







For with God.......





Recipe:


Paper: PTI Aqua Mist, SU Chocolate Chip, K&Company Ancestry Pad, scalloped circle in chocolate from http://www.limelightcrafts.com/


Stamp: Clear Dollar Stamps "The Word" (you get 11 stamps for like $7.99)


Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Chalk Box Creamy Brown, Chestnut Roan for the distressing


Accessories: handmade stick pin with shades of brown glass beads, chocolate satin ribbon, Prima Hydrangeas from the Deep Woods box, Kaiser half pearls in copper



So, what do you think? I think the hardest part was to take a half way descent picture. It is pretty windy in AZ today ;D. The pictures that I took inside did not come out right at all.



All right, on to my second card. When I was putting the first one together I kind of said to myself that the half circle on the card reminds me of a purse. You probably wonder, what? No, really, if you look at it, it does :D:D I cut this card at 5.5"x5.5" to take full advantage of the circle, well, half circle ;D. I was looking through most of my DP pads I have, and I have a lot, LOL!!!! But, there was nothing that looked right, so I just ran my SU Pretty in Pink cs through the Bug, the Cuttlebug that is, in my Textile folder and I found that I did not want to do anything else. To keep it flowing I also ran the half circle through the Bug. I know this card is very simple, but yet again, that is what Sharon wants, right? To finish everything off I simply took the shank off of a button from a vintage button set I bought a long time ago at Joann's and added it as the faux purse closure. Some pink grosgrain ribbon and a simple "Thank You" sentiment layered on some punched out circles and tiny rose buds finished this simple card.





Thank You



Recipe:
Paper: SU Pretty in Pink, chocolate colored scalloped circle from http://www.limelightcrafts.com/
Ink: SU Close to Cocoa
Stamps: ISC Hibiscus "Thank You"
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folder Textile, Vintage button, 1 1/2" and 1 3/8" circle punch, pink grosgrain ribbon, Nursery Tales Prima rose buds in pink, corner rounder punch

Did I say too much? Pretty simple card, right?

I truly hope that you'll get to head on over to Sharon's blog to see what see created and play along.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope to be back with a few more creations over the weekend ;D. I cleaned my stamping space today, yep, couldn't find things anymore, so it was time :D:D:D.

I am sorry I forgot to add this before, here is the list of the wonderful ladies of Sharon's DT , please make sure you head on over to check out what they've created

Julie, Tammy , AJ, Deb, Becky, Janine and Jennifer. Those girls are amazing!!

Hugs,



13 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

they are both stunners......the first is soft and so pretty and elegant....the purse is stylin and bold.....love the texture you chose on the purse......fabulous work, gf

Debbie Nelson said...

Adorable!! Love the purse and the first one is just beautiful!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Both designs just perfect! Wow!

Darlene said...

LOVE them both!! I'm trying to pick a favorite but I like each one for a different reason! Thanks for inspiration today!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love both of those cards Sabrina!! Thank you so much for popping by my brand-spankin-new-blog - so exciting, eh?! I'm off to add your link right now......!!

Bye for now,
Carla.
http://cardsbycarla.blogspot.com/

Jenny Gropp said...

Sabrina -- both cards are fantastic-- but my fave is the first with those awesome flowers!! And Congrats on Stampin' with Sharon and her talented crew this month!

Connie M. said...

Wow, Sabrina! Both of these are so wonderful! LOVE your card...those flowers and the bow are stunning! I just love the vintage feel of both of these!

Jeanette - said...

Sabrina - the first one is just absolutely GORGEOUS!!! The second one is so much fun! Great job on both!

Dainty Diva said...

These card are the bomb! I really like the pocket card.

Denise said...

Your cards are absolutely Beautiful!!

C said...

Both are beautiful...I can see you have the same elegant style as Sharon...can I rub your arm or something? Thanks for taking the time to visit. BTW...I love AZ, nice and hot...just wish it wasn't so dry.

Julie Koerber said...

Sabrina... both of your creations are just darling and -- dare I say -- girly! :-) Love them both!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Love your designs, Sabrina! The Aqua Mist with the chocolate on the first one is divine, and the purse is SO cute!