Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hello and Happy Tuesday...

my friends. As promised I have a little something for you all today. Tomorrow Wednesday the 13th, is the release date of some fun new stamps over at ISC and I promise you, you will not be disapointed at all. The new stamps are wonderful. I was really happy when Besty, the owner of ISC told us about this scripture set. You all know by now that I love using scripture stamps and scripture in general on my cards, so this set is right up my alley ;P. We, the creative architects were to choose each a different scripture to work with and yours truly picked Philippians 1:3. This is such a short scripture, but it is so powerful. So why don't you have a look at how I've used this scripture?


Butterfly I thank my God......


Recipe:

Paper: SU So Saffron, Certainly Celery, DCWV textured pink cs, Basic Grey Urban Prairie

Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU Certainly Celery

Stamps: Thoughtful Verses by ISC (available TOMORROW!!!)

Accessories: Nesties Labels 2, Foam Tape, dimensionals, Prima Vintage flowers, Kaiser half pearls, sheer ivory ribbon, handmade stick pin with glass beads in shades of pink and green


So, how do you like this one? That big butterfly I've used here is included in this wonderful set. But it does not end here, it comes with several different sized butterflies and this is not the only scripture either, but I am not going to tell too much, go on over to Innovative Stamp Creations tomorrow and have a look. I made 2 more cards, but I'll wait to show you those a little later, all right? No, you don't want to wait, o.k. you have convinced me. I'll show you one more! For this second one I used the emboss resist technique with the medium sized butterfly from this wonderful set. This was my first time trying this technique, but I'll have to say that it was much easier than I thought it would be. You experts out there, does this look anything like it is supposed to look?






Recipe:
Paper: PTI white

Ink: SU Apricot Appeal, Ranger distress Tea Dye, SU Barely Banana, Chlak Box Yellow Cadmium, Creamy Brown, VersaMark

Stamps: Thoughtful Verses by ISC

Accessories:
Megabilities curved rectangles, Prima Flowers Swaney Collection, brown sheer ribbon, antique brass butterfly charm, brown glass beads, MS butterfly punch, small half pearls, Foam Tape, clear embossing powder

Don't you just love it when you try something new and it works the first time? I sure do, and this card has a softness to it, that I am sure I would not have achieved with a different technique here.

All right, this is it for now. Make sure you come back tomorrow because we have one more set to show and please hop on over to Connie's blog to see what she did. It is so fun to see how the same stamp set can look so different when used by someone else.

Thanks for stopping by today and when you get a chance I'd love to hear what you think.

Hugs,

3 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Sabrina. I love the scripture. Great job..

Bridgett Owens said...

Great cards! Both look great and you did a great job on the embossing resist!

susiestampr said...

I LOVE this card too..........great work.